Biesshop Consulting is led by an Executive Director with the support of a team of technical experts with education background and relevant experience in environmental assessments, livelihoods assessment, market assessment and gap analysis, business development, governance & tax, policy & extractives and gender mainstreaming & development among others. The firm also has a team of similarly seasoned and professional freelance consultants who are engaged on a need-is-basis where and when client projects requires. Jointly, the technical and professional richness provides for much needed value addition and quality in the programs that are run at the consultancy looking broadly at Programming, Implementation and other forms of programmatic engagements on different levels.
Ger F. Odock, is a Program, Organization Development & Capacity Building Specialist. He has a vast professional experience on Social Movements, Social Accountability and Monitoring, Training and Capacity Development, M&E, Organization Capacity Assessment (OCA) / Organization Development (OD) and Program Development across the East African and SADC regions. He is an enthusiast of open governance and development programming with over 10 years of practical working experience ranging from Kenya, Uganda and Zimbabwe with a chief focus on empowerment on access to information, informed decision making, participatory governance and elective processes aimed at influencing processes, systems & policies.
He works best at community settings where issues of rights awareness, access, practice and enjoyment is the anchor point of most, if not all the challenges the people face. However, he equally works well at Organizational and Corporate spaces whereby the focus is on establishing working systems, building team synergies and developing foundation documents targeted at guiding process aspects targeted at achieving pre-set / structural goals and objectives.
Beside this broad focus, his practical actions have been on; formulation of Social Accountability tool kits, training manuals on Social Accountability, designing Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks and data collection tools, developing Resource Mobilization Strategies, supporting formulation of Organizational Strategic Plans; formulating donor mapping framework; and establishing a structure for documenting project success stories as a component of resource mobilization among other achievements.
Beyond program conceptualization, implementation and management, Ger has practical skills and experience in rights based training and capacity building focusing on; Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA), Social Accountability & Monitoring (SAM), County Government Operations, Tax Justice, National Budget Analysis and Reviews, Civic Education, Gender Responsive Social Service Delivery, Social Movements, Community Organizing, Organizational Development, Documentation (storytelling, case studies, rights based project reporting), Strategic Planning, Income Generating Activities (IGAs), Reflection Action Methodology and Resource Mobilization (fundraising – proposal/concept writing skills).
Bachelors of Arts Education, Higher Diploma in Community Organizing and Development, Diploma in Program Management, Certificate in Rights Based Approaches in Development
Ger F. Odock is a seasoned expert in Governance Projects, Human Rights Programming (Gender, Rights, Planning & Budgeting etc.), Public Policy and organizational assessments & development. For the last 7 years, Ger has been directly or indirectly involved in projects and programs of inclusive Governance in East Africa as well as the SADC Region. Ger possess professional experience in M&E and projects implementation in Kenya, Uganda and Zimbabwe. He has also trained in, and perfected through working experience; gender mainstreaming, gender responsive service delivery, advocacy and campaigns, program design and proposal writing, results-based report writing. He understand East African development context and institutional donors. He has (most recently) for; ActionAid Uganda as Documentation, Results Based Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation Program Adviser, ActionAid Uganda as Social Movements – Training and Support Adviser, ActionAid Zimbabwe as Social Accountability and Monitoring Lead.
Our consulting work; which is timely, client-oriented, cost effective has provided us with the opportunity to work with some notable organizations on some special tasks. Some of the key and instrumental projects that have been successfully conducted include;
1. Developed 2 project proposals for Cameroon Human Rights Fellowship (CHRF) based in Cameroon
2. Developed an Organization Strategic Plan for Organization of African Youth (OAY) – Cameroon
3. Developed Social Accountability Training Guide for Youth Agenda Trust based in Harare, Zimbabwe
4. Developed a Strategic Plan for Youth Agenda Trust based in Harare, Zimbabwe
5. Conducted Internal Audit process for NYARWEK based in Kisumu County, Kenya
6. Conducted a Strategic Plan, Financial Manual, HR Policy, Staff Contracts analysis & review for NYARWEK based based in Kisumu County, Kenya
7. Facilitated the Internal Audit Meeting for NYARWEK Junior & Senior Staff, and Board Members in Mombasa Kenya
8. Conducted Organizational Development Training for Q-Initiative based in Uasin Gishu County, Kenya
9. Formulated a Monitoring & Evaluation Framework for Q-Initiative based in Uasin Gishu County, Kenya
10. Trained the Health Practitioners workshop on SRHR convened by Q-Initiative in Uasin Gishu County, Kenya
11. Conducted Organizational Capacity Assessment for NYARWEK based in Kisumu County, Kenya
12. Conducted Data Cleaning and Management for CARE International based in Somalia
13. Conducted Social Accountability Training and Mentorship sessions for Groups and Organizations in Uganda.
14. Conducted Social Movements Training, Mentorship and Coaching sessions for Groups and Organizations in Uganda.